RAG dalam berita‎ > ‎

New site focuses on quake-proof homes (The Jakarta Post)

Syofiardi Bachyul Jb, The Jakarta Post, Padang, West Sumatra | Tue, 09/28/2010 9:12 PM | Archipelago

The Australian government, through the Australia Indonesia Facility for Disaster Reduction (AIFDR), launched on Tuesday a new web site on quake-proof houses campaign it has been carrying out since early this year.

The web site launch coincides with the one year commemoration of the massive earthquake that hit West Sumatra on Sept. 30 last year destroying 249,833 homes and more than 7,000 public facilities.

Australian charge d’affaires to Indonesia Paul Robilliard said the new campaign would also use social network mediums such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube to disseminate the latest information.

“More people living in quake-prone areas such as West Sumatra can access important information by providing materials online,” he said.

The web site’s official launch was attended by West Sumatra Governor Irwan Prayitno, National Disaster Mitigation Agency’s (BNPB) Disaster Prevention and Response Affairs deputy Sugeng Tri Utomo, West Sumatra Vice Governor Muslim Kasim and actress Jajang C. Noer, who played a role in the media campaign program.

Australia provided A$15 million to assist the post-quake recovery, of which A$10 million had been used to rebuild 39 schools and community health centers.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2010/09/28/new-site-focuses-quakeproof-homes.html

Comments